with Alan Weiss
Self-publishing is appropriate and effective for certain, targeted circumstances:
- Exploiting a market niche
- Creating new intellectual property
- Viral marketing
- Capitalizing on prior commercial publishing
- Maximizing product sales
- Creating unique client products
- Flexibility in delivery
I have both commercially published and self-published with considerable success (over 50 books in 15 languages). I have commercially published with co-authors (The Innovation Formula with Mike Robert, The Power of Strategic Commitment with Josh Leiber and Gershon Mader, The Global Consultant with Omar Kahn, The Talent Advantagewith Nancy MacKay).
However, I’ve found a significant number of people who have passionate and legitimate reasons to self-publish for the purposes I’ve mentioned above. I haven’t been able to provide much help before, and I’ve considered this to be an area I should support.
I’m pleased to announce that I’ve formed an alliance with veteran, gifted writer Michael Levin, whose credentials include:
- Nine national best-sellers, including a New York Times best seller, Making Jack Falcone, with FBI agent Joaquin Garcia, featured on 60 Minutes and soon to be a motion picture from Paramount, directed by Steven Soderbergh.
- More than 90 published books, including works with Simon & Schuster, Random House, Beacon Press, Penguin/Putnam, St. Martin’s Press, and other top houses.
- Outstanding reviews in Newsweek, People, The New Yorker, Esquire, The New York Times (daily and Sunday), the Washington Post, and other outlets across the country.
- Published in The Wall Street Journal, The New York Times, the Los Angeles Times, CBS News, The Boston Globe, and many other top outlets.
- Columbia Law School-trained attorney and (non-practicing) member of the Massachusetts bar. (I have forgiven him for that.)
We’re offering two options for prospective authors:
Soft cover or hard cover book of about 175 pages (customary double-spaced manuscript pages) or less, including graphics and art work that you supply.
You provide detailed notes, research, and textual material that can be utilized for the content.
(Minimal interviewing and research on our part.)
Add to Cart
Michael’s team interviews you to painless extract the information from you for the book.
(A great deal of interviewing and research on our part.)
Add to Cart
Longer books will receive specific quotes for fees.
Here is what will result:
- You become an author without necessarily having to write a single word
- A book that may require as little as an hour a week in interview time, for 10-12 weeks, plus editing/revising
- You become an author in 6-to-9 months (if you keep your appointments, of course)
- A clearer definition of the market you’re selling into (or what market you’d like to move into!)
- A clearer structure of your process for improving your clients’ condition, which becomes the organizing principle for the book
- Your name alone on the book-no coauthor, because the ideas are expressed in your tone and “voice”
- Dramatic marketing language that becomes the core marketing message of your business or practice, which you can also use on your website and printed marketing materials
- As an author, you shorten your sales cycle-people are trying to get on your schedule instead of the other way around
- Now you can get more speaking engagements, radio and TV interviews, and a presence on the Internet beyond your own website, because you’re a published author
- A unique, proprietary strategy that makes people want to pay attention to you before they’ve even opened your book
- Formalization of your intellectual property (some of which may surprise YOU!)
We also include, as an option, full support and advice for graphics, jacket, testimonials, formatting, printing (e.g., on demand, inventory, E-book, hard cover, etc.) and all related issue.
You know me. Here’s what clients say about Michael:
"The livestream series was very valuable and easy to access. The picture, sound were very clear, and Alan was very responsive to questions. It’s almost like being at a live event!"
President, Puri Consulting LLC
"Three things happen every time I have an interaction with Alan, and the 2017 livestream workshops are no exception: I’m challenged to grow in an unexpected way I apply an old idea in a new, timely way I’m entertained. Hard to beat that! I’ll be signing up fir 2018, of course."
Business Defogger & Accelerator CEO, Human Facets
"You cannot lose when you sign up for Alan’s Livestream workshops. Frankly, for me, anytime I can spend time listening to Alan share his wisdom is time and money well spent. To have the luxury of these extended video sessions with Alan during the 2017 Livestream series was value-added. His business insights and practical down to earth advice really make you take stock and ask yourself “Am I doing that?” or “How can I apply that to my life” I love his four quadrant models, which he seems to generate with ease in order to help you see yourself. They always make me ask which square am I living in right now and where should I be?"
Helen Turnbull PhD, CSP CEO, Human Facets
"Alan has been one of the top 3 difference makers in my career. His Livestream delivery is his way of making his difference-making thought leadership accessible to anyone. He’s a magnanimous person and he can help you propel yourself to magnanimity…."
Chief Unlearning Officer, Cima Strategic
"Alan’s livestream sessions are high impact, pragmatic and easily transferable to my consultant practice. What’s better, I can watch and review the sessions wherever I am, whenever I want. Excellent value in my opinion."
Managing Director & Senior Learning Partner N Vision Learning Solutions GmbH
"Alan Weiss shines in these livestream events. He revisits some of his classic teachings and adds new powerful insights. Alan never ceases to surprise me with his way to shake up the ideas i held dear and now understand even better. Alan takes all participants to the next level of potential power. Now, we just need to watch it multiple times, listen, try, and learn."
President, Oxseeker Inc
"The livestream workshops series was really helpful for me to grow my practice. I can interact Live with Alan on some terrific subjects and listen again and again the recorded version. Every solo consultant has to invest in this useful series."
"The next best experience to a live Alan Weiss event is a Livestream event. You’ll get your 1% along with a level of intimacy with your peers through live Q&A. If you’re lucky, the topic may just coincide with your own life experience, providing a real time solution to whatever you’re experiencing. I’m in for 2018."
President, Bower & Co. Consulting LLC
"I’ve been a student of Alan Weiss’ for over a decade, have attended a number of his programs, and read most of his work. The livestream workshops were another great opportunity, this time from the convenience of my office, from client engagements on the road, or even my hotel room in Asia when I missed a session. I would highly recommend the investment for those aiming to continue to elevate their personal and professional growth."
CEO – The Nour Group, Inc.
"I enjoyed Alan’s inaugural Livestream lectures. I found them educational, inspiring and entertaining. The opportunity to ask questions live was invaluable. I have signed up for both of the 2018 series."
Attorney at Hamlin ♦ Cody
"Alan’s Livestream on Fast Strategy was a real shot in the arm for me, as he made it clear that I could easily repackage my own business intelligence to help clients quickly. Definitely more of a virtual reality experience than a webcast!"
Founder & CEO of Norio Ventures Ltd
"Alan Weiss is the best of the best when it comes to productive distilled learning. His Livestream Experiences are a huge value. Whether you are new to consulting or have years of experience you will benefit greatly from participating."
I oversee the entire process, am available for consultation, and will offer ideas as you and Michael proceed through the project together. I’m the strategist, he’s the tactician. You’re the beneficiary of unique, rare, and powerful support in creating your book.