How to Market Your Book to Maximize Your Business
(Or your future book)
After the tough decisions in terms of topic, agent, publisher, writing schedule, and myriad other concerns, too many people wind up with a book that is merely a gnat on their business windshield, with the lifespan of a mayfly.
So let’s get the bugs out!
I’ve published 45 times in 10 languages with 8 publishers, with more to come. But I’ve never focused on a “bestseller.” I’ve focused on increasing my revenues with low cost of acquisition and low labor intensity. Otherwise, publishing a book will get you on a bus—if you also happen to have two dollars for the fare.
Bring your book or book proposal with you to this intensive workshop (which is on leveraging your book, not on how to write a proposal or write a book). Learn:
- How to please the publisher in terms of books sales so that you can maximize chances of the next book, while also focusing on business results.
- Why tricks and offers on Amazon.com are for amateurs and inflated egos.
- How to use associations.
- When to give the book away.
- How to gain media interviews.
- How to parlay the book into columns.
- How to maximize speaking opportunities.
- Why a book has a high profile marketing lifespan of nearly a year!
- How to go global and gain translations.
- What little publishers are willing to do, they can do well.
- How to reinforce thought leadership.
- Why you should give away as much intellectual property as possible.
- When to purchase copies of your own book in volume.
Whether your book is your first or your 20th, commercially published or self-published, general or niched, you’ll be able to maximize the results of the investment you’ve made in creating it.
Don’t just publish a book. Accelerate your career.