Million Dollar Consulting™ Hot Tips
- How to Escape Misery [13 KB]
Fees and Value:
- Addressing Fee Issues in Sensitive Environments
- Collecting on Overdue Payments
- How to Enforce A “No Refund” Policy
- How to Deal with People Who Always Want A Deal
- How to Negotiate with YOUR Vendors and Suppliers
- Your Fees May Be Too Low Because Your Metrics Are Too Weak
- Forty Methods to Increase and/or Protect Fees
- Ten Ways to Convince A Buyer That Value-Based Fees Are Best
- The Cost of Doing Business
- Consulting Tips from the Million Dollar Consultant #3
- Consulting Tips from the Million Dollar Consultant #2
- Consulting Tips from the Million Dollar Consultant #1
Implementation Issues and Problems:
- A Quick Guide to Effective Client Interviews
- Changing an Assignment from Certain Loser to Sure Winner
- How to Consult About Practically Anything at Any Time
- The Client Is Unhappy-Do I (Gulp!) Return the Money?
- What Actually Constitutes Superior Service?
- What Happens When You Must Have A Meal!?
- What to Do When Your Buyer Suddenly Departs
- How to Deal With A Tough Buyer
- How to Escape the Pedestal
- Learning the Basics of Consulting Methodology
- Personality Disorders: Something You Can’t “Consult Your Way Through”
Marketing and Market Share:
- Addressing an Evaluation Committee
- Alan’s Ten Step Program to More Powerful Persuasion
- Brook No Nonsense from Brokers
- The Complete Guide to Marketing by Phone
- Consultants Never Sleep (Sort of…)
- Dig Out Prospects from Your Own Files
- Doing Business Abroad
- Five Ways to Improve Promotional Materials Immediately
- Consulting Tips from the Million Dollar Consultant
- How to Change (and Improve) A Client Relationship
- The Global Knowledge Test
- How to Consult About Practically Anything at Any Time
- How to Network Successfully
- How to Sell Business in Complex Organizations
- It’s Not the Economy, Though Many Wish That It Were
- Prospecting With A Purpose
- Qualifying the Prospect
- 101 Questions for Any Sales Situation
- Staying Ahead of the Curve
- Ten Techniques to Build Credibility With Any Buyer
- What Constitutes Legitimate Marketing Expenses?
- When Does Aggressive Marketing Become Unethical Behavior?
- You’re Not in the Sales Business, You’re in the Relationship Business
Small Business MBA
- Allow Your Customers to be Part of the Solution
- Avoiding Trouble with the IRS
- Effective and Creative Use of the Internet (for anyone)
- How to Choose A Consultant
- Losing Business Over the Phone
- Reporting from Aruba
- Reporting from London
- Stop Being Bullied by Customers
- Why You Can’t Manage All of Your Sales People the Same Way
- Your Word is Your Main Asset
- Breaking the Self-Fulfilling Prophecy of Sales Resistance
- Overcoming Sales Resistance Areas
- How to Influence Anyone About Anything
- How to Win Friends and Influence People
- The Dreaded “That’s More Money Than We’ve Budgeted”
- What do you do with resistant, high level people?
- What to Do When the Buyer Provides A Rational “No”
Planning and Professional Development:
- Expanding Intellectual Breadth
- How Can You Learn When You’re All Alone?
- The Fine Art of Spending Money (It’s Called “Investing”)
- Giving Yourself Permission to Be Successful
- How to Constantly Educate Yourself
- How Do You Become An Object of Interest to Others?
- How to Prevent Their Ego from Killing You
- How to Take A Break
- Is Reading the Newspaper Really Too Much to Ask?
- Part-Time or Full-Time?
- Plans for the New Year
- Ten Guaranteed Resolutions to Have A Better Year
- Thoughts on These Economic Times
- Trends on the Very Near Horizon
- What Do You Do When You’re Down?
- What To Do Over the “Dull Days”
- When Fools Walk In…
- What Happens When “It’s Not Working In Consulting”?
- When to Sell the Firm
- How to Be A Great Speaker-Tomorrow
- How to Create A Speech from Scratch
- How To Gain A Consulting Contract By Speaking
- The Ultimate Contrarian: Six Myths of Professional Speaking
Subcontracting and Collaboration:
- Evaluating A Proposal To Collaborate
- How to Evaluate A Potential Collaborator or Partner
- How to Find Subcontracting Work
- How to Get Rid of A Partner
- How to Successfully Subcontract
- Preventing Objections
- Exploiting the Internet for Marketing Purposes
- Maximizing the Effectiveness of Your Web Site
- Pragmatic Technology
- What Can You Sell on A Web Site?
- What is e-mail good for, anyway?
The Ultimate Tip:
For nearly a decade I had provided clients with semi-annual mailings containing ideas for management, leadership, and strategy which were cross-functional and cross-cultural. I stopped the practice a few years ago when I realized that all of us were becoming deluged with email, print mail, voice mail, and other communications which were consuming too much time and diluting everyone’s attention span.
I’ve had the good fortune over the last year to work in four countries, acquire a dozen new clients and work with a half-dozen continuing clients, and to publish four books. In addition, I’ve addressed conference and convention audiences throughout the country and all over the world.
As we approach the anniversary of the September 11 tragedy, I thought it would be of value to offer the insights I’ve gathered in some major business and organization areas in one concise publication. They might not all be valid for you, but I’m hoping that you’ll find at least some of them will add value immediately to your business objectives and personal goals.
As always, I’m happy to be of help, formally or informally. I can be reached by using the contact information listed atop of this page. Call or write if you’d like to discuss these issues in detail, would like more copies of the Briefing or need any other assistance.
Click the title of each article below to read more.