Screed Part Three
Meet Your Host, Alan Weiss
Alan Weiss is one of those rare people who can say he is a consultant, speaker, and author and mean it.
His consulting firm, Summit Consulting Group, Inc., has attracted clients such as Merck, Hewlett-Packard, GE, Mercedes-Benz, State Street Corporation, Times Mirror Group, The Federal Reserve, The New York Times Corporation, Toyota, and over 500 other leading organizations. He has served on several boards of directors in various capacities.
His prolific publishing includes over 500 articles and 60 books, including his best-seller, Million Dollar Consulting (from McGraw-Hill) now in its 30th year and sixth edition. His newest is Your Legacy is Now: Life is not about a search for meaning but the creation of meaning (Routledge, 2021). His books have been on the curricula at Villanova, Temple University, and the Wharton School of Business, and have been translated into 15 languages.Get to know Alan
What are the major concerns of leadership in the near future?
- Managing the transient worker
- Metrics for true performance and not “presence”
- The 40 hour week myth
- The environment for intrinsic motivation
- Voids of personal fulfillment
- The loss of travel
- Abandoning guilt for not adhering to archaic work standards
- Pushing accountability down and over to the individual
- Triaging customers
- Finding honest and authentic communications
- Embracing true diversity not virtue signaling diversity
- Coming to grips with the false promise of retirement
- Physical, psychological, and emotional health
- Embracing technology with proper proportion
- The speed necessity
- Thriving in ambiguity, disruption, volatility
- Alleviation of excess stress
- Being an effective avatar
- Knowing how to create personal meaning
Alan Weiss’s The Uncomfortable Truth® is a weekly broadcast from “The Rock Star of Consulting,” Alan Weiss, who holds forth with his best (and often most contrarian) ideas about society, culture, business, and personal growth. His 60+ books in 12 languages, and his travels to, and work in, 50 countries contribute to a fascinating and often belief-challenging 20 minutes that might just change your next 20 years.
Introduction to the show recorded by Connie Dieken