How to Create A Highly Effective and Highly Profitable Interactive Offering
Here’s my counterintuitive approach to creating a highly valuable offering, whether “live” or remote:
- Create a highly compelling title and premise for your ideal buyer.
- Choose a date and city (but not a property) if live, just a date and time frames if remote.
- Determine the “critical mass” required for an effective learning dynamic.
- Assign a fee. Create a date in the future at which the fee will significantly increase. Don’t assign lower fees just because something is remote—that often increases value, it doesn’t diminish it.
- Promote by those means most likely to reach your ideal buyer: your lists, podcasts, blog, social media, newsletters, word-of-mouth, etc.
- Create a “drop dead” date by which you must have critical mass or you will cancel (and return fees already sent).*
- If you have critical mass and it’s a live event, choose a specific venue and sign the contract promising a minimum number of people, especially if you are asking for favorable room rates in return for guaranteed numbers. If remote, create the Zoom invitation.
- NOW, create the content.
• For remote programs, the minimum number can be greatly reduced, since many people will sign up to get the recording, not be there live, and no one knows your actual number of registrants. You can then also sell the recording on your site. I’ve done both live and Zoom sessions with over 200 people but also as few as 10. Creating the content first is a huge waste of time. Assuming you’re an expert, you can create content whenever you choose, so I place it last when your comfortable you have a sure thing.