How Are You Investing (Not “Spending”) Your Time?
Let’s consider we’ve been in the current, highly restricted conditions for about two weeks. And let’s assume that 20 hours of that week you’re taking care of your family, shopping, home schooling, keeping in touch with friends and extended family, etc. That leaves 20 hours. During that time you could have:
• Written two pages of an ebook per day and have half to two-thirds of it done by now. (Or have completed a chapter in a traditional book or created a book proposal.)
• Read at least two books for business or leisure.
• Posted daily on your blog, written your next newsletter, recorded podcasts, created teleconferences.
• Called three clients or contacts per day for a total of about 30 calls.
• Created 3-5 new pieces of IP with accompanying models and visuals.
• Organized your priority list for implementation when restrictions are lifted.
• Ensured you had cancelled travel and business plans, notified everyone, and secured refunds as appropriate.
• Worked on your hobbies for relief or engaged in new ones.
• Identified exactly what your best clients should be preparing for to “hit the ground running” and offered that help.
• Shifted as much of your work as possible to an advisory basis, now and in the future.
And now consider that you probably have at least two weeks like that ahead of you.