The Seven Signs of the Consulting Apocalypse
1. Billing by the hour, day or other time unit.
2. Failing to find and establish a relationship with an economic buyer (someone who can sign a check).
3. Leading with methodology and techniques rather than results and value.
4. Being prescriptive in marketing and diagnostic in delivery, instead of the reverse.
5. Failure to make definitive next steps with specific dates and times.
6. Over-specializing and focusing on narrow markets.
7. Increasing labor intensity as business increases, instead of decreasing labor intensity.
How many of these plague you? The good news is that they are all remedial. The bad news is that they create a cul-de-sac for your practice and you often need someone to point to the exit.
© Alan Weiss 2011. All rights reserved.