The High Speed Lane
Since I’ve offered a special coaching program for people during the pandemic, and combining this with the ongoing coaching I’ve been doing, I can report to you these empirical facts:
- People who call clients, recommenders, and prospects regularly (daily, at least 3-4 calls) have consistently obtained more substantive meetings and business than those who do not.
- The belief and self-talk that you are helping and offering value to others, rather than “selling” and being intrusive during hard times, is the key to comfortably making such calls.
- The offer to merely help, without talking about “projects” or methodology or fees, stimulates a substantive conversation.
- Working a productive four-hour day engaged in such marketing is far superior to an eight-hour day working on irrelevant issues, including computer backups, blog posts, social media, and so on.
- Having an accountability to report to someone else about progress forces an end to most procrastination.
It’s that simple. You heard it here.